Resolving ‘An error has occurred’ in Mac App Store on OS X (Lion)
Today, I came across a very annoying situation where an application failed to successfully install through the App Store on OS X. An ominous message came up beside the INSTALL button declaring ‘An error has occurred’. Whenever I tried to click on INSTALL button – nothing happened.
After much google-ing and reading, I was able to cobble together the following solution that worked for me:
- Sign out of the App Store [Store > Sign Out]
- Quit the App Store
- Open Safari and clear the cookies [Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Remove All Website Data]
- NOTE: this will clear your Safari cache, cookies, and browsing history
- I have read that the App Store on OS X uses Safari for it’s cookie store (though I cannot confirm 100%)
- Re-open the App Store
- Go to the Purchases tab and click on Install (hopefully it will now work)
I’d be interested to hear if this also worked for you?